Welcome to my new journey!

I am 37, have been running my own business for the past few years and am attempting the impossible. A career change as I head towards 40!

My business is doing well (g3 Studios, link to the right) but due to the economy and my business being directly related to the housing market I am seeing a decline in interest in the services I offer.

Follow along as I chronicle the experience and see if I can break into the arts community and turn it into a full time career!

Friday, November 7, 2008

Breaking into the Biz!

Well I got my first break at Atomic Props in Oakdale. They have a cool website showing their work at atomicprops.com. They specialize in 3 dimensional billboards and signage. The work is backbreaking but fun. I get to do a little of everything from driving a forklift to welding and eventually will get to do some painting and sculpting also. I have to put the grunt work in now while I still have the physical stamina to keep up with the younger guys. Hopefully this will put me in a position to broaden my job search.

This is a freelance job and should fit nicely into my schedule. I still need to follow up with 3 ring scenic as well.

No comments: